Monday, July 26, 2010

I am a night rider

I live in an amazing city. I know someday I am going to end up back here. One of the best part is that the streets are not too busy to ride your bike where ever, when ever. A few years ago I got really into riding my beach cruiser. It's the most amazing feeling to have the wind blow your hair, plus it doesn't hurt that I have the cutest bikes. ;) Bike riding is also more when you have a riding partner, that's why I purposely have two bikes.

So last night a friend of mine organized a night bike ride. The goal was to start easy and ride 4 miles. I was a little nervous about that because as much as I love to ride bikes, I didn't know if I could keep up. We met up at the train station about 1/2 mile from my house. I only knew the person who organized that ride, but I was willing to take a chance, meet new people, and ride my bike. I knew that this was going to be the last good ride before going to Taiwan. Well 4 miles ended up being 11 and it was soo much fun! I cannot even describe where we rode because it was up and down the streets, through the nature reserve, a cemetery, and main roads. The ride was from 7 to 9:30 pm.

Today, the pain has not been so much fun but it's not FMS pain, it's "you just sat on a bike seat for over two hours and wow, my inner thighs hurts when I walk" kind of pain. Although I would probably be back on my bike right now if I was invited. It's just a free feeling. Of everything I own, my bikes have been the hardest thing to leave back home. My first purchase in Taiwan will be a new bike so I can have that same free feeling as long as I don't melt from the heat.

I am not sure if anyone reads this or finds it inspirational, but when I read back on the things that I do and accomplish while living with FMS I know I am finding my strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment