Saturday, October 24, 2009

Work in Progress

I have taken on a new endeavor, and I am trying to write a book about living with Fibro (but also other life experiences too). When I was diagnosed, Fibro. was a new disease that many doctors did not know about, especially in a teenager. My mom told me years ago that I needed to write to help other kids dealing with chronic pain. At the time I didn't think it was such a good idea, because I had no idea what was going on with my body. Now that I am older, and lived with and without medicine I think I could give an uplifting perspective. Again, it's not just about Fibro., but there have been situations in my life that I have happened that have shaped the way I live with Fibro. and I kick ass.

The day after high school graduation, I moved out of my parents house, and took a job in the next county. I started college a few months later, and took on another job. I worked so hard to maintain my grades and making ridiculous tuition payments. Four and a half years later I was done with college and have an amazing job helping at-risk youth. I'd like to say that this journey was easy, but life was a roller coaster, and I was not always strapped in. I fell and I fell hard, but with the support of my loved ones I picked myself back up and continue on my journey. When my book is completed (and there is no guarantee that that will even happen), I hope you read it and help me Find My Strengths.

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment